Monday, October 11, 2010

PRM!

Today was a monster. I had to go into work at 8am, which is an hour earlier than usual. (My office mates usually begin showing up at 9am. It's pretty awesome.) We had a bunch of people from central administration coming to help us review the 165 files from fiscal year 2010 to prepare for the Department of State's Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration audit. It's amazing what a group of determined people can do! Everything was done around 2pm...after I had been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for 4 hours. I'm not even really sure what I did during that time, except answer a lot of questions and move around a lot of files and paperwork. I guess I did eat some pizza and candy, too.

At 5pm, I met some Clarkson students at a refugee's house to start their volunteering hours. When I went in, the mother was showing them music videos. It was very fun to watch music videos in Karen. Apparently, much of the footage was shot in a refugee camp. I kinda feel like a zombie after today, but I still love my job.

Enjoy a Karen music video!

No comments:

Post a Comment