Friday, December 14, 2012

sad day.

Today is the day a young man killed 20 children and 6 adults in an elementary school. It just makes me feel like we live in a brutal, cruel world. Most people resort to their comforting rhetoric, to make them feel like they have the answers and to make them think they don't have to do or feel anything. And why shouldn't they? The world is brutal and cruel, especially to those 20 sets of parents tonight. It's disturbing to think about, and I don't really want to think about it anymore.

As I have more time to enjoy a more relaxed and slower-paced life style, I am finding time to become a little bit of a better person (I hope). Today I thought about how I don't want to be the type of person who is satisfied to accept that this type of violence and cruelty is just the way it will always be. I want to look for and appreciate gentleness and peace in the world and hopefully bring a little bit of it in. I will never solve the world's problems, but I will chose to hope they can be solved. Otherwise, I don't see a reason to stay on our planet.

Tonight was a fun time. We had a Christmas party with a church group. We're the youngest couple there, which sort of makes me feel out of place sometimes, but I am greatly enjoying getting to know new people. They always have top-notch food and lots of good wine. They're fun and interesting people to be around.

Also, it's raining for the first time in months. It's not even that cold, so the rain felt good on my hair and skin. I might go outside yet a little while tonight to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment