Thursday, December 13, 2012

married life so far

So how is married life so far? It's not anything weird or strange. It's just me and Kurt living together. It's nice. It feels normal and like life should. Sometimes we just sit on our computers in separate rooms and it's boring. Sometimes we don't even get to really talk to each other during a day because we're busy. Sometimes we flirt like we used to. That's a lot of fun. I must say I have started to see a tiny glimmer of how annoying it could possibly be to live with a person for quite a long time, but it seems like you just have to let things roll off your back. I can handle that, I think.

Life has certainly slowed down. We have a temporary gym membership to Prairie Life Fitness and if it weren't for that, I would be stir crazy by now. We hope to sponsor a new refugee family soon, but this time of year refugee resettlement slows way down. I'm more than ready to jump into volunteering and I miss helping people and helping refugees. 

Tonight me and Kurt made chocolate covered pretzels with lots of sprinkles on top. It was a fun shared activity. It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but we got probably 60-70 pretzels out of it. We are going to give them as gifts to lots of people in our life, including secret santas. We both have one at work. 

Congratulations to my sister and brother-in-law who are going to buy a house and just found out that they're having another baby in July, after having one just this past February. It is totally unexpected for everyone, but wonderful news!

No comments:

Post a Comment