Monday, November 14, 2011

the joslyn and the weekend

I actually woke up early every day last week, except Friday. On Friday, my alarm simply did not go off. I woke up on my own at 7:41, which isn't too late for a Friday.

Saturday was pretty fun. Kurt, Tyne and I went to the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha. There was no admission fee, and we enjoyed wandering around looking at art. We decided to have an abstract expressionist art party. After that, I had a meeting for work with the leaders of the Karen community to try to repair some of the damage from the past few months. That went well. Then me and my friends went to this mexican restaurant in Midtown Crossings (can't remember the name). They made guacamole at your table, and all the food was incredibly fresh and delicious. Saturday night, Kurt and I played some games with Tom and Tyne. It was a very nice day.

Sunday was pretty relaxing. We went to church at First Plymouth, then got some groceries from the Asian store, the Arabic store, and Super Saver. We made crab rangoons and stir fry for lunch. We did the cross-work puzzle. I was half-asleep for part of it, but I was still discovering answers while half-asleep. I eventually did sleep for an hour, and after that I ran 3 miles. We watched a lot of TV. Like I said, a relaxing day. Next week Sunday, I think we're going to go to the Mennonite church in town. We're curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment