Tuesday, February 22, 2011

games galore

It seems as though the game-playing hobby has been spreading in these parts, and I blame me and Kurt. I bought Bananagrams and Pandemic at Barnes & Noble with a gift card I had been hanging on to for quite some time. Then, Kurt bought the Battlestar Galactica board game. We have been playing them all feverishly for a few weeks, it seems. We even played Bananagrams at IHOP and Logan's this past weekend. I really like this game-playing business.

But what I was stewing about all the way home was my extreme annoyance with the government. I have only one thing to say to all those politicians: GROW UP. What happened to maturity and cooperation and compromise? A group of kindergartners could do a better job of it. They'd probably whine less and get more done. I was thinking, though...let them cut everything out of the budget, if that's what they want. I won't be shocked when the sh*t hits the fan here at home.

On a lighter, less "I-want-to-rip-my-hair-out" note, I ate a Runza and am going to a UNL women's basketball game tonight with Kurt. I feel like a Nebraskan...sorta. Kurt's mom is selling ice cream at the game for her work, and she got two tickets! I'm very much looking forward to it, and I should probably go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment