Thursday, March 14, 2013

Water

I'm on my lunch right now. I took up walking over my lunch break around the beginning of the year when I started to approach my fitness in a less running centric way. It has been a lovely way to spend hour lunches. I am almost caught up with my podcasts and I have lost some weight.

Today I walked outside on the Rock Island Trail, which I haven't been able to do much of since working here because it has been winter (I usually have to go to the gym). Today is sunny and around 50 degrees. When I started walking it was pretty cold but I warmed up about a mile in. Now I'm in my car about to head in and I've got the windows open for a lovely, cool breeze. The snowmelt is pouring into the drain nearby which is making sound akin to a waterfall. It is a distinctly and urbanly peaceful moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment