Monday, May 19, 2014

day camp/summer/chattanooga trip

Next month, I'm doing a day camp here in Lincoln for work. I've been spending a LOT of time planning it lately, but I'm excited about it. As my boss recommended, I picked a theme that I'm interested in. It's called "Around the World Day Camp." I've split each day into a different area of the world, and each day the girls will learn words in various languages, do a lot of geography, learn dances, try new foods, and so much more. That week is going to be insanely busy for me, but I think it will be so much fun! I enjoy planning it, and I will enjoy delivering it. The last day of camp just HAPPENS to be World Refugee Day. I didn't do that on purpose, but it's perfect timing.

I'm also planning a few other day long programs for the summer. I'm looking forward to the summer schedule. During the school year, all my programs are on the weekend and my week is heavily focused on going to schools and checking in on girls and volunteers. During the summer, most of my work is during the week during the day, and my weekends are free. It's a different feel so far, and I'm SO excited for warmer weather and a varying schedule.

Tonight Kurt and I met with a guy from our church who is doing to do an event on the Lincoln Vital Signs. It's a fascinating report on the status of Lincoln and he wants to do some surveys to follow up on it, and bring people together to perhaps work to bring about some change. He had a small group of us over to run through his ideas for the program and see how long it took. It was a fun time of discussion and he had fake Thin Mints. I'm not entirely sure what will happen with this event and the Vital Signs, but there's a lot of potential.

On Thursday, we are heading down to Chattanooga to meet our twin niece and nephew that just turned 5 months old. I'm VERY excited, especially because I'll get to travel with my sister and 2 year old niece, and we'll all get to spend lots and lots of time together. It will be a whirlwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment