Friday, August 5, 2011

a reason for the silence

This time there's a reason for the silence. Work has been a nightmare. My boss and 3 coworkers were fired, on top of many people quitting. I won't go into details here, but the changes break my heart.

I added a "widget" on the side of my blog with info about my training for the half-marathon. I just registered for it today. The registration is the final commitment. I paid my $60 to run, now I have to run it. Having been looking at my training today, I've noticed that I've been running faster, which is a very cool feeling. I hope to keep it up. I remember when I was in rowing and I blogged on Xanga. I wrote about the details of my training all the time. For the half-marathon, I'm not quite as deep into the training as I was with rowing, but I am using a heart-rate monitor a lot, and I can tell the training schedule I am now reflects the pattern of some of my rowing training.

Kurt and I have been together for a year now. It's quite a milestone, but I kind of forgot about it in the whirlwind mess that is my job. My boyfriend posted a song on my Facebook page by Flogging Molly to honor our year "thing" as he so eloquently put it. I'm amused with the low-maintenanceness of our relationship. We do hope go out of town some weekend to celebrate the year we've been together, but it will be a challenge, seeing as this month is a very unstable month for both of us. He's finishing his Americorps contract and my job is just FUBAR. I am a big fan of us, and I'm glad we've held it together for a year. I hope there are many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment